Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Restaurant Maker

On the way home from the doctor, Malachi began asking about school and grades (like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) I told him that 12th was the last grade, and then you could go to college. He asked me what you did after college. My response: get a job. He said he didn't want to get a job. I told him that he couldn't live with mom and dad forever and eventually had to make money. He said he didn't want to make money, but then sat for about 15 seconds thinking about what I had said.

"Mommy, what job should I have?"

Well, do you want to be a children's pastor like Daddy? "Nooo"

Do you want to be a teacher like Mommy? "Nooo"

Do you want to work with money and numbers like Grandpa? "Nooooo"

Police man? "no" Fireman? "no" Baker? "no" Chef and cook food for others? "no"

"How about a RESTAURANT MAKER, Mommy? I want to cook food for people."

You mean a chef, right? "No, a restaurant maker and MAKE food in a RESTAURANT."

Oooooohhhhh!!!! Now I get it.

No comments: