Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Frustration

Ezekiel hasn't been sleeping well for about 3 weeks now. He normally gets up in the middle of the night and expects to get in bed with us. Part of that is my fault, again, but I can't help that I go to bed exhausted each night and have a hard time dealing with being up in the middle of the night. I've been struggling with a nasty cold for about 2 weeks now, too. His sleeping patterns left my body with no defenses. Every time I think I feel better, it hits me hard. I've been working through it. Z has been ok, but he still has to have 2 breathing treatments a day in order to be able to survive each day and night.

I'm frustrated that the kid cannot get well. I'm frustrated that the kid now thinks he can get in bed with me in the middle of the night. I have prayed and prayed for his healing. I am still trusting that the Lord will answer that prayer. I am just frustrated that we are still struggling with a "sick" child. I want to sleep through the night. I want Z to sleep through the night. He is sleeping ok, but he refuses to stay in his bed at night or go back to his bed when asked. I feel like I have an infant again. Not fun.

No comments: